click analytics

Cinevate Receives Premiere's Catalyst Award!

Latest news and announcements

Cinevate Receives Premiere's Catalyst Award!

New postby Dennis Wood on Wed May 13, 2009 4:41 pm

Yesterday I was honoured to accept the Premier's Catalyst Award in the category for "Start Up Company with the Best Innovation" on behalf of Cinevate. This was presented by the Honourable Premiere of Ontario, (Dalton McGuinty) and the Honourable Minister of Research and Innovation, John Wilkinson. To say that we were humbled to be recognized is reinforced by the fact that I accepted the award surrounded by emminent doctors and researchers in the arts, humanities, medicine and biotechnology. To demonstrate that the Canon 5D MkII is indeed capable of being a decent point and shoot in the hands of a rank amateur and senior citizen, I present some snapshots taken by my 67 year old father, Steve Wood, who I believe has never taken a digital picture in his life :-) We'll included a few more nice pics from the professionals here when we get them.

A special thanks goes out to Dennis Austin from the Confederation College film school who not only nominated Cinevate for this award, but also spent a great deal of time submitting the nomination package last year for consideration. To be honest, being as busy as we are, we never would have known about the award without the College's recommendation.

Steve Wood (2nd from left) and myself with a few of the award recipients.

Had to take this pic..

Steve Paikin ("The Agenda") and Kevin Neuman (Global News). These are two very smart and congenial guys!

Our Award Presenter, Arlene Dickison

The Right Honourable Premiere of Ontario, Dalton McGuinty

Yours truly accepting the award!

John Wilkinson (Minister of Research and Innovation), Dennis Wood and Premiere Dalton McGuinty in the VIP room before the event.

Dennis Wood
Site Admin

Re: Cinevate Receives Premiere's Catalyst Award!

New postby Gerhard Helmut on Thu May 14, 2009 5:22 pm

Congratulations!
You guys are on a roll.
Good for you and us as well.

Gerhard Helmut
Gerhard Helmut

New postby steve witt on Thu May 14, 2009 8:11 pm

Outstanding! Congratulations again Dennis!
-Canon HV20
-Brevis MP.1 with Flip
-Cinevate 2 Stage Matte Box
-Nikon 50mm f1.4
-Nikon 85mm f2.0
-Nikon 105mm f1.8
steve witt

New postby Dennis Wood on Fri May 15, 2009 12:04 pm

Thanks guys. This award is indeed good for us..and for you! The funds provided by this award are pretty much 100% commited to the further developement of the relay lens product line, HD monitors etc. etc. You can expect some very cool products to add to the existing collection by the end of 2009. We're 100% committed to setting new standards for product quality, support and most of all innovation as we grow as a company.

In his speech, the Premiere described innovators using the term "restless". This is the first time I've heard a single word that we can use to describe our general attitude about everything. When one approaches life in this way your efforts are pretty much guaranteed to make a difference, regardless of your focus.
Dennis Wood
Site Admin

New postby David C. Smith on Fri May 15, 2009 7:13 pm

Dennis,

Congrats to you and the team. All of the attention is well deserved. It's great to see your dad sharing in the warm glow.

-David
David C. Smith
LA / OC D.P.

HVX with Brevis Nikon and PL
Nikkor 60's era: 28 2.8, 35 2.8, 50 1.4, 85 1.8, 105 2.8, 135 3.5, 200 4.0
Nikon 80's era: 18 3.5, 24 2.8, 35 2.8, 50 1.8, 85 2.0, 100 2.8, 135 2.8
David C. Smith

New postby Jon Wolding on Thu May 21, 2009 1:53 am

Awesome & congrats!
Jon Wolding

Return to Hot off the Presses...